[U-Boot] [STATUS] "Quality" of patches / testing.

Anton Staaf robotboy at chromium.org
Tue Oct 18 20:07:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> Le 18/10/2011 19:16, Anton Staaf a écrit :
>
>> I would like to start a thread addressing this question.  I don't think
>> the people submitting are running MAKEALL because it has a very high
>> barrier to entry.  In particular I spent a few days trying to get as
>> many architecture toolchains up and running as I could so that I could
>> run MAKEALL to fully test my builds.  The result was frustrating.  I
>> was only able to get ARM to build (Our local toolchain works, but I also
>> got the ELDK toolchain to work for me).  I was not able to get the ELDK
>> toolchain for PowerPC to work however.
>>
>> -Anton
>>
>> Ahh, looks like Mike agrees...
>
> As far as I am concerned, I do run ./MAKEALL arm (or a subset) usually
> before requesting pulls and before applying pull requests, and I have ELD
> and CS ARM toolchains in place, but I never run MAKEALL on other arches than
> ARM.

Simon pointed me to another thread where Mike published his buildall script
and a repository of toolchains.  I'm going to try and set that up and see if
it works for me.  I would love to be able to do a full MAKEALL for all
architectures.

Especially since I plan to do more architecture independent work in U-Boot.

Thanks,
    Anton