[U-Boot] MAKEALL

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 19 00:18:07 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 18 October 2011 17:50:52 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > That would still be to coarse for above issue.  Also, you might want
> > > to use different ARM tool chains for ARMv5te systemd than for ARMv6
> > > and yet other ones for ARMv7a, etc.
> >
> > the idea is easy to extend to CROSS_COMPILE_<soc|cpu> and perhaps even
> > CROSS_COMPILE_<vendor|board>
>
> The problem is that this does not differentiate the tool chains.
>
> CROSS_COMPILE would be arm-linux-gnueabi- in all these cases - it's
> PATH that needs to be different in my case.

or a full path to the toolchain base:
	CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/foo/arm-linux-gnueabi-

> Eventually we should not try to catch all situations directly, but allow for
> a soc|cpu|vendor|board|whatever specific file name to be sourced by the
> script, which then would be responsible to set up the environment as
> needed?

toolchains tend to be site-specific.  i use compilers i created myself, or
found via kernel.org, or i've gotten directly from SoC vendors.  all of which
have different names.  so while i think it'd be fine for maintainers to specify
a preference, it would merely be that.
-mike