[U-Boot] Pull request for u-boot-marvell.git

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Wed Oct 19 08:03:38 CEST 2011

Hi Prafulla,

Le 19/10/2011 06:01, Prafulla Wadaskar a écrit :

> [...]

The issue is with the git pull command, because a git pull amounts to a
git fetch followed by a git merge -- that's what causes the commit you
base your pull request on.

Yes, I know 'git pull' is the command given in the Wiki, but the way the
instructions are laid out in the Wiki, this pull is done in an ad hoc
branch and will not cause a merge to your master.

I *definitely* will go and rewrite the Wiki on this, both to make
explanations simpler and less error-prone, and to account for the
layered u-boot / u-boot-arm / u-boot-{ti,marvell,imx,samsung,atmel}
repository workflow.

As for git push and git request-pull, if you request before push you'll
see that the request has an error message about not being able to locate
the branch; the order must be push, then request pull (which is logical:
before I can pull your branch, it must be made available).

> I will regenerate a new pull request.

Thanks a lot!

> Regards..
> Prafulla . .