[U-Boot] DUTS without hardware

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Oct 24 11:19:57 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

> so u-boot has DUTS for testing:
>   http://www.denx.de/wiki/DUTS/
>
> it seems to have a lot of assumptions like connecting to u-boot over
> the serial port.  i'd like to extend this to support the new sandbox
> target so we can do automated testing of common code without needing
> any external hardware at all.
>
> before i start digging too more, is this going to be painful to the
> point of not being feasible ?

This should be doable just fine.  Intentionally there is a layer in
place to implement different such "context" setups[1].  The code still
needs more cleanup and simplification, so please don't give up too early
;)  From a design perspective, this surely fits into the original goals.

So yes, please try to go forward in this direction, we very much
appreciate that.

Thanks
  Detlev

[1] git.denx.de/?p=duts.git;a=tree;f=config

--
Applied mathematicians do it by computer simulation.