[U-Boot] mx31: NAND_SPL boot question for TT-01

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Oct 31 19:21:06 CET 2011

On 10/31/2011 06:01 PM, Helmut Raiger wrote:
> Hi (Stefano),
>
>     just a short question. I'd like to add NAND boot to the board
> support of our TT-01.
> I checked out the mx31pdk code and also found something in doc/README.SPL
> which does not seem to correspond.

Right. A lot of work was done recently, and now there is a common SPL
framework in u-boot. The README.spl refers to the new stuff.

Before of that, booting from NAND was done in a different manner. This
is what you find under board/freescale/mx31pdk. The mx31pdk is booting
with the old mechanism.

New boards must implement the SPL according to the new framework, using
CONFIG_SPL and setting the SPL configuration in the board configuration
file. I am expecting

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de