[U-Boot] ping failed; host 192.168.1.101 is not alive

akdas75 akdas75 at yahoo.in
Fri Nov 2 07:52:09 CET 2012

Hi

I analyzed the code and put some prints to find the below mentioned
behavior.
The ARP packet is being received by ENC28J60 but when it reaches the
software pkt format is not correct.
A 0 is being appended to the packet.

After analysis I found this errata mentioned in ENC28J60  errata sheet is
not applied for the initial case
(for the first packet). Later on it is fine.
I have made the changes and I need to test it today night after office.

Module: Memory (Ethernet Buffer) The receive hardware may corrupt the
circular
receive buffer (including the Next Packet Pointer and receive status vector
fields) when an even value
is programmed into the ERXRDPTH:ERXRDPTL registers.
Work around
Ensure that only odd addresses are written to the ERXRDPT registers.
Assuming that ERXND contains
an odd value, many applications can derive a suitable value to write to
ERXRDPT by subtracting
one from the Next Packet Pointer (a value always ensured to be even because
of hardware padding)
and then compensating for a potential ERXST to ERXND wraparound. Assuming
that the receive
buffer area does not span the 1FFFh to 0000h memory boundary, the logic in
Example 1 will ensure that
ERXRDPT is programmed with an odd value

Are you aware of any such change required in the ENC28J60  uboot code.
Kindly let me know if anybody has faced such issue