[U-Boot] Merging device trees at runtime for module-based systems

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Nov 7 00:05:19 CET 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:
> cc devicetree-discuss. Here's a reference to the full thread:
>
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/145221/

Interesting. I only just was made aware of this thread. There is a
similar discussion going on kicked off by the BeagleBone folks where
they want to insert additional DT data from Linux userspace. Whether
the data is merged at U-Boot time or kernel time, I expect that the
required data format will be very similar.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/31/502
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/5/615

I'm trying to draft up a document that captures the requirements and
lay out what needs to be done to the tools, U-Boot and the kernel.

g.