[U-Boot] OMAP4/Panda: u-boot upgrade v2012.04.01 -> v2012.10 breaks RTC wakeups

Kevin Hilman khilman at deeprootsystems.com
Wed Nov 7 16:21:20 CET 2012

Hi Sricharan,

R Sricharan <r.sricharan at ti.com> writes:

>  In the latest, pad mux and clocks for all
>  non-essential modules at U-BOOT were removed.
>
>  This might also cause the problem.
>  We can bring this back in u-boot by adding the following macros
>  and check if it works fine again.
>
>   include/configs/omap4_common.h
>   ------------------------------
>   #define CONFIG_SYS_ENABLE_PADS_ALL
>   #define CONFIG_SYS_CLOCKS_ENABLE_ALL

Thanks for the pointer, that got things working again.  It's actually
CONFIG_SYS_ENABLE_PADS_ALL alone which got things working again.

I'm glad to see u-boot going in this direction.  In the kernel, we've
also been trying to get rid of bootloader dependencies also, but it's
clear we haven't got all of them yet.

I'll keep digging to see what's missing in the kernel pads setup to get
RTC working again.

Kevin