[U-Boot] U-Boot 2012.10 PXA270 - saveenv / Kernel issue

Andreas Puls appu at gmx.net
Sun Nov 11 20:10:27 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with the latest stable U-Boot 2012.10 and a Toradex
Colibri PXA270 V2.4a Board and a upating the kernel.

The problem apears when i erase the hole NOR Flash, copy the uboot and
the uImage.

Here are my steps.

1.  unprotect and erase the hole flash.
2.  copy the latest u-boot.bin to flash
2.1 usb start
2.2 fatload usb 0:1 0xa0000000 u-boot.bin
2.3 protect off 0x0 0x3ffff
2.4 erase 0x0 0x3ffff
2.5 cp.b 0xa0000000 0x0 $filesize
3   reset to look the u-boot is installed
3.1 see that CRC is bad (normal behavier couse no defaults are written)
3.2 savenv and powercyle
4.  all fine
5.  copy kernel image to flash
5.1 usb start
5.2 fatload usb 0:1 0xa0000000 uimage-2.6.35.9-toradex-pxa270v22b
5.3 protect off 0xc0000 0x47ffff
5.4 erase 0xc0000 0x47ffff
5.5 cp.b 0xa0000000 0xc0000 $filesize
6.  check the uImage
6.1 iminfo 0xC00000 - OK
7.  hard reset (power cycle)

Now comes the part that i dosen't understand
The U-Boot loader sayes again that the CRC is bad and using default values.
I use "saveenv" again and make a powercycle.
The CRC error is no more but the u-boot isnt able to boot the uImage.
It sayes unkown Image format

Sory for the long description. I search the mailing but didnt found
something.

The latest Toradex Bootloader is u-boot 1.3.3 there is the saveenv and
Kernel update working. But the USB support isnt working.

Could anybody give me hint or maybe know the solution ?

Kind regards
 Andreas