[U-Boot] U-Boot 2012.10 PXA270 - saveenv / Kernel issue

Rommel G Custodio sessyargc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:35:16 CET 2012

Dear All

On 2012.11/11, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Andreas Puls <appu at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >

> > i have a problem with the latest stable U-Boot 2012.10 and a Toradex
> > Colibri PXA270 V2.4a Board and a upating the kernel.
> >
> > The problem apears when i erase the hole NOR Flash, copy the uboot and
> > the uImage.
> >
> > Here are my steps.
> >
> > 1.  unprotect and erase the hole flash.
> > 2.  copy the latest u-boot.bin to flash
> > 2.1 usb start
> > 2.2 fatload usb 0:1 0xa0000000 u-boot.bin
> > 2.3 protect off 0x0 0x3ffff
> > 2.4 erase 0x0 0x3ffff
> > 2.5 cp.b 0xa0000000 0x0 $filesize
> > 3   reset to look the u-boot is installed
> > 3.1 see that CRC is bad (normal behavier couse no defaults are written)
> > 3.2 savenv and powercyle
> > 4.  all fine
> > 5.  copy kernel image to flash
> > 5.1 usb start
> > 5.2 fatload usb 0:1 0xa0000000 uimage-2.6.35.9-toradex-pxa270v22b
> > 5.3 protect off 0xc0000 0x47ffff
> > 5.4 erase 0xc0000 0x47ffff
> > 5.5 cp.b 0xa0000000 0xc0000 $filesize
> > 6.  check the uImage
> > 6.1 iminfo 0xC00000 - OK
> > 7.  hard reset (power cycle)

As an addition to Andreas' fine comment.

Are you using the stock configuration file from the latest u-boot?

Also verify your boot/bootm command. I will assume that you copy the
kernel from flash to DRAM, if so please make sure you are reading from
the correct flash offset and reading the correct kernel size.