[U-Boot] U-Boot NAND-Access

Peter Niklas peter.niklas at tttech-automotive.com
Tue Nov 13 10:57:50 CET 2012

Yes, I understand. Unfortunate for me.
But besides the custom uboot version:
Would I need to configure additional commands to use NAND-Flash in the
mainline?

Regards,
Peter

From:
Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com>
To:
Peter Niklas <peter.niklas at tttech-automotive.com>,
Cc:
<u-boot at lists.denx.de>
Date:
13.11.2012 04:13
Re: [U-Boot] U-Boot NAND-Access

On 11/08/2012 09:31:10 AM, Peter Niklas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using a Zynq SoC on a custom Board. We are trying to use a
> NAND-Flash (MT29F8G08ABABAWP-IT) to store the Xilinx First Stage Boot
> Loader, U-Boot, Kernel ....
> We are having trouble to use the NAND-Flash in U-Boot.
> Currently we are using U-Boot 2012.04.01-00304-g7639205-dirty.
> and I get the Messag:
> NAND:  No NAND device found!!!
> nand_scan_ident for NAND failed
>
> I enabled CMD_NAND in the specific config file:
> #define CONFIG_NAND_ZYNQ

It's not just an unrecognized (and dirty) SHA1 as Wolfgang pointed out
(which is not necessarily that surprising for a custom board, but it's
still code we can't see) -- there's not even any CONFIG_NAND_ZYNQ in
mainline U-Boot.

-Scott

CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and
intended only for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, copying or delivering it to anyone else or using it in any
unauthorized manner is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and the
systems administrator at straymail at tttech.com immediately.