[U-Boot] Moschip ethernet adapter is not seen as ethernet device

valdez valdez valdez151 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:16:07 CET 2012

Hello,

I tried use my USB ETH adapter. Following README files I addes into
beagle.h file (my board is beagleboard) this:

#define CONFIG_USB_HOST_ETHER    /* Enable USB Ethernet adapters */
#define CONFIG_USB_ETHER_ASIX    /* Asix, or whatever driver(s) you want */

#define CONFIG_CMD_NET
#define CONFIG_CMD_PING
#define CONFIG_CMD_DHCP

#define CONFIG_BOOTP_SUBNETMASK
#define CONFIG_BOOTP_GATEWAY
#define CONFIG_BOOTP_HOSTNAME
#define CONFIG_BOOTP_BOOTPATH

and into asix.c file this:

{ 0x9710, 0x7830, FLAG_TYPE_AX88172},

I based on what my host Linux showed to me:

Vendor specific,  USB Revision 2.0
 - Moschip Semiconductor UA0025C               6e003e8f
 - Class: Vendor specific
 - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x9710  Product 0x7830 Version 1.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered Remote Wakeup 500mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 3
     - Class Vendor specific
     - Endpoint 1 In Bulk MaxPacket 512
     - Endpoint 2 Out Bulk MaxPacket 512
     - Endpoint 3 In Interrupt MaxPacket 16 Interval 1ms

But U-Boot don't see it as Ethernet Device, it only recognize it in tree:

(Re)start USB...
USB0:   USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
       scanning usb for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found
OMAP3 beagleboard.org # usb tree
USB device tree:
  1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
  |  u-boot EHCI Host Controller

  +-2  Vendor specific (480 Mb/s, 500mA)
       Moschip Semiconductor UA0025C               6e003e8f

Could you help me with this, please?