[U-Boot] Reg Bootstrapping u-boot on x86-64 for tizen

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:42:35 CET 2012

Hi Manohar,

On 11/23/2012 04:46 PM, manohar.betham at smartplayin.com wrote:

> Dear Marek,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Can you please send me the steps/procedure to build/support u-boot on x86_64 bit (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz.

I build the x86 U-Boot target on an x86_64 i7 Linux (Fedora) system using
the standard GNU gcc package. There was an issue with the Makefile and
there was a need to manually create some toolchain symlinks, but the was
rectified some time ago. Are you using the latest mainline U-Boot from
git.denx.de? If so, what errors are you getting - please provide a copy of
your build output.

> We need help from you is there any documentation to enable x86_64 bit pc or links to post my query.
>
> What are the config/code i need to change to make my pc as host & target are the same.

Are you planning on running U-Boot on an x86_64 machine? If so, you will
need to create code to support that - Current U-Boot only supports 32-bit
x86 targets. The sandbox target (designed for testing on a Linux host, not
for downloading onto a board) should run on an x86_64 host.

> Please help us to build the u-boot on x86_64.

Please provide more detail - what have you tried? What was the result? The
build scripts should work as is on a properly configured x86_64 build machine

Regards,

Graeme

P.S. Please stop top posting - thanks