[U-Boot] mksunxiboot tool & SPL parameters

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Nov 26 01:46:55 CET 2012

sön 2012-11-25 klockan 19:16 +0100 skrev Henrik Nordström:
> sön 2012-11-25 klockan 18:58 +0100 skrev Marek Vasut:
>
> > The mkimage infrastructure won't work? I think it's much better than yet another
> > tool (mksunxi...)
>
> Suggestion how to fit adding an SPL header with these parameters in
> mkimage is welcome
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2012-November/140772.html

Got sent a bit premature.

Have not spent time in integrating this header mkimage because the tool
is currently only used build-time. There is at this time no need to have
a tool for adding this header outside of running make.

If the SPL parameters are "runtime" parameterized instead of wired into
C code then it makes great sense to add this to mkimage. Just not
entirely sure on what the proper usage parameters of mkimage is to
supply the needed SPL parameters. Or where to keep those parameters in
the tree if not in the source.

Regards
Henrik