[U-Boot] u-boot-atmel and u-boot-at91

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:08:52 CET 2012

Dear alex,

On 26.11.2012 08:30, alex wrote:
>  Hi:
>   Could you tell me the relationship between u-boot-atmel with u-boot-at91?

u-boot-at91 is older and was maintaiend by Jean-Christophe
Plagniol-Villard some time (around 2008). When avr32 came up another
fork was introduced, maintained by Haavard Skinnemoen. However Atmel
reduced their community effort and some time no one cared about atmel
devices in u-boot at all.
Reinhard Meyer took over as an atmel custodian then and tried to pull
the avr32 related and at91 related stuff into u-boot-atmel.
Somwhere in 2011 he gave up and I took over (first only the avr32 stuff,
then also the at91 stuff).

> I find a good feature usb gadget on the fork u-boot-at91, and no maintainers long time ago. Do the maintainers of atmel have plan to merge/port this feature to u-boot-atmel?

Can you please point out the concrete patches in u-boot-at91? If you or
some other can provide rebased patches I will accept them.

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann