[U-Boot] RFD: ARM: enable HYP mode on OMAP5

Ian Molton ian.molton at codethink.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 13:25:26 CET 2012

Hi folks,

My colleague Clemens Fischer, and I were able to bring up the OMAP5 CPU
in HYP mode with the following patch to u-boot.

Obviously the patch is not production grade yet, but we feel that it
would be of use to discuss how best to integrate the code into u-boot.

The code wakes up CPU1 before putting CPU0 into HYP mode, and CPU1 goes
back to sleep once it has entered HYP mode itself.

With this patch, a near-unmodified mainline linux kernel (patched for
ARM KVM only) will boot up with HYP mode enabled.

Many thanks to Marc and Christoffer for their help getting KVM up and
running!

Comments are welcome.

-Ian