[U-Boot] omap1510inn/arm925t: maintain or remove?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sat Aug 10 08:41:18 CEST 2013

Hello all,

(cc: list includes people involved in omap1510inn such as last known
maintainer and a few "recent" contributors to it)

Board omap1510inn is marked orphaned.

It is also the last and only arm925t board not to have been removed
from boards.cfg.

As far as I can tell, this board has only undergone batch changes
actually sweeping over a lot of boards since around june 2011. Its last
specific change (56ccd36fa) was a build fix.

In other words, there hasn't been any activity on it for years.

It also has an ugly trick in start.S where an image header signature
byte is actually hard-coded in the assembler instructions.

Should I try and clean this within my start.S commonalization effort
(first submission tonight, BTW) and move the signature generation
in ./Makefile as a new image rule, or should I simply remove omap1510inn
as well as the whole arm295t support?

My own vote goes for removing; anyone wishing to resurrect the board
can do it from some commit before removal.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.