[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-fdt/master

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Aug 12 18:35:13 CEST 2013

Hi Jerry,

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Jerry Van Baren <gvb.uboot at gmail.com>wrote:

> Note: This is the license header change from Roger Meier (thanks), acked
> by Wolfgang.  While this will diverge our source a bit from the dtc
> upstream, I'm willing to live with that for now and indefinitely if
> necessary.
>
> I would like to start a dialog with David Gibson and Jon Loeliger to see
> if they are interested in adopting the compact license IDs. Unfortunately,
> I've been buried at work and am going on vacation, so that will have to
> wait a bit.
>
> I also discovered the u-boot libfdt/fdt_wip.c has fdt_find_regions() from
> Simon that isn't in the upstream dtc version.  I slipped up on that one,
> I'll be looking into reconciling u-boot-fdt with the upstream dtc.

I did start the work of upstreaming this, and an fdtgrep too to go with it
- you will see I think two versions of the patches on the
device-tree-discuss mailing list. At the time it was felt that it should
not go into the next release as it was not a small change. That release
(1.4) has gone out now so it is probably time to try again with that. I
have a few comments back and some adjustments to make.

Regards,
Simon