[U-Boot] Unified u-boot feature set for simpler distro support

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Tue Aug 13 15:42:20 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 02:11:04AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to start a discussion on defining a unified feature set that
> makes it simpler for the different distros to support ARM systems using
> u-boot. I have based a lot of my thoughts on how calxeda ship their
> systems configured as it works fairly well, recently i sent in a patch
> implementing most of what I would like to see for the wandboard[1]

So, lets try and bring this back around.  It seems like the general
concensous was on Yes for an opt-in and documented set of requirements.
Can you please patch one of the boards you have with the set of required
variable names and commands (and spelled out, rather than relying on
config_cmd_default.h) ?  I imagine we still need to chat a bit more
about if a boot script should come from the distro or be built-in, but I
also believe that if you write it into your patch as a U-Boot built-in,
that'll further the discussion along nicely :)  Thanks!

--
Tom