[U-Boot] U-Boot Driver Development on Atmel's sama5d3xek

Bo Shen voice.shen at atmel.com
Tue Aug 20 07:46:55 CEST 2013

Hi Steven,

On 8/20/2013 12:51, Steven Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi Bo
>
> To clarify we need to run when booting with no human intervention and to
> be able to use gmac so the questions are mainly for the procedures on
> how to create a driver under uboot

I am still not fully get what you mean.
what you mean 'run when booting with no human intervention and to be
able to use gmac'? Using it for tftp, nfs, or anything else?
Which driver do you want to create under uboot? GMAC driver? or anything
else?

> We would also need to call into the current ethernet drivers as well and
> I did notice a gmacb driver but the main issue now seems to be how to
> create a driver in uboot

Again, Which driver do you want to create under uboot? GMAC driver? or
anything else?

> The procedures for creating a driver seems complex and some guidance
> would be appreciated

For different driver, you can check different subsystem in uboot for
more detail information.

> Thank you for the link to the patch
>
> With Best Regards
>
> Steven