[U-Boot] U-Boot timeout

Marshall Ha marshha at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:41:28 CEST 2013

Hi Simon,

I saw that you had proposed a patch for increasing the U-Boot timeout to
work with some USB flash devices:

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-December/083467.html

I have also ran into this problem in U-Boot, with the same root cause. I
realize that this mailer is primarily for U-Boot, but I was curious whether
this was an issue that you had encountered only in U-Boot, or whether you
had also observed this problem after booting into an operating system. For
example, I have observed that once booted into Linux, the USB devices will
return I/O errors after heavy read/write activity, which I suspect to have
the same root cause.

Thanks,
Marshall