[U-Boot] Failing USB devices

Andrew Murray amurray at embedded-bits.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 12:51:09 CEST 2013

On 23 August 2013 11:54, Benoît Thébaudeau
<benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com> wrote:
> Dear Marek, Andrew,

> This is the kind of issue that made me create this (discarded) patch at some
> point:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/176527/
>
> Can you try it? I'm not sure that it will be helpful for your specific case.

Unfortunately it has no effect. But then the STATUS phase isn't
stalling in my case, it's just giving back an unexpected value for
CSWSIGNATURE - I have no idea why this is.

> I also have this issue with some devices and mainline U-Boot. I can confirm that
> this is a device initialization delay issue because subsequent USB commands on
> the device succeed (only the single automatic U-Boot USB command that I use at
> boot time fails).

You may be able to work around these by setting
CONFIG_USB_HUB_MIN_POWER_ON_DELAY in your config file (assuming the
device is behind a hub).

> Best regards,
> Benoît

Andrew Murray