[U-Boot] U-Boot mini-summit at ELCE 2013 in Edinburgh - call for participation!

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Tue Aug 27 11:39:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> Hi fellow U-Boot developers,
>>
>> people meeting us at our booth at the Embedded World trade show in
>> Nürnberg this year may already have heard rumours about it but now it is
>> official - there will be an U-Boot mini-summit at the Emdedd Linux
>> Conference Europe in Edinburgh, UK [1].
>>
>> Thanks to the wonderful people at the Linux Foundation, we will have
>> some space in the afternoon of thursday 24th that we can use to present
>> and discuss topics of interest for the immediate future of the project.
>>
>> Currently we believe that it makes sense to plan for 4-5 short talks in
>> the range of 20-30 minutes with following Q&A.  The audience will very
>> likely be "tech level" and the presentations are thus allowed to have
>> "indecent technical content" :)
>>
>> Of course everybody is invited to suggest a presentation, but an
>> informal poll turned up these topics of interest:
>>
>> - Driver model
>> - Kconfig
>> - Patman tutorial
>> - U-Boot configuration through device tree
>> - Falcon boot for everybody
>> - DFU
>> - Android fastboot
>>
>> The organization of the mini-summit is up to our discretion and thus
>> somewhat less formal than the "regular" ELCE tracks, but we would like
>> to encourage people to also submit U-Boot related talks through the
>> regular CFP[2] if they are of wide interest.
>>
>> Having agreed on our schedule, we will be able to get it included in the
>> official conference schedule and thus hopefully get a broader
>> visibility.  To make this work we should finalize our schedule around
>> the end of the official CFP which is July 21st, but of course the
>> sooner, the better.
>>
>> Please inform us if you would like to attend in order to get an idea
>> of the expected presence.  If neccessary we will have to look for a
>> larger place early on.
>>
>> Next to the official program I'm sure that we will be able to find a
>> place in the evening to taste local culinary specialities (in solid and
>> liquid form), so be sure to book your return flight no sooner than
>> friday evening ;)
>>
>> Thanks
>>   Detlev
>>
>> [1] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe
>> [2] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/cfp
>
> The deadline for the CFP has expired - did any of you actually submit
> a presentation?
>
> In any case, if you intend do give a presentation, could you please
> ASAP send a short summary (title and abstract) to at least Tom,
> Detlev and me, optionally also to the mailing list (recommended) ?
>

> FYI: DENX will be present with the following engineers: Anatolij
> Gustschin, Detlev Zundel, Gerhard Sittig, Heiko Schocher, Marek Vasut,
> Pavel Machek, Stefan Roese, Stefano Babic, and myself.  We will arrive
> on Wednesday afternoon.  Anatolij, Heiko, Stefan and me will depart on
> [...]

I should be there too. Will be there any specific room available for u-boot mini summit?

I don't have any specific presentation but I am interested in
SPL for Microblaze and ARM Zynq platforms, device-tree U-Boot initialisation
and maybe others.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854