[U-Boot] Problem with stand-alone apps

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Wed Aug 28 17:07:47 CEST 2013

All,

In an effort to play by the rules, we created a stand alone app that
handles breaking the boot process with bootdelay set to 0.  We require
a special key sequence to break into the boot process to ensure security,
and to ensure we do not interrupt the boot process with stray key strokes.
We are seeing strange behavior from our applet.  There are several API
calls that we make from within the app that seem to make our processor
go into a code violation error (even something as simple as a printf).

It seems that things were working better in 2010.12.  We chose to move
to 2013.04 for some additional fixes that we saw were pushed in by
Freescale.  BTW, this is also similar to my previous e-mail thread that
I started a month or so ago in which I stated there was general flakiness.
We are reasonably confidant that our timing for our NOR flash is correct.
Likewise, for our DDR3.  Both of these sets of parameters were done with
the aid of Freescale themselves (given the tool they were using this is
unlikely).

Anyone else use the stand alone applications in 2013.04 successfully?

Thanks,
Andy