[U-Boot] USB fatload fails to load rootfs

Chuck Wical chuck.wical at amanomcgann.com
Wed Aug 28 20:58:49 CEST 2013

I am trying to load rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot from usb using fatload but when it
reaches a point in writing the file to memory a reset occurs of the CPU.  If
I load this file using tftp it works fine.  Here are the commands I am using:

loadaddr=0x21000000

tftp $(loadaddr) rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

usb start
fatload usb 0 $(loadaddr) rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

The version of U-Boot used is 2009.11.1 and upgrading at this point may be
an issue.  Before a bunch of questions are asked I inherited this project,
it is mature and works, I have no documentation, and I am simply trying to
copy a file from usb to memory.  Nothing more, nothing fancy.

My searches on the web have not yielded any possible solutions or good
explanations of the usb subsystem in U-Boot so I am hoping someone can
provide some possible solutions or information I can read.

Thanks!

Chuck