[U-Boot] U-Boot Bug with newer GCC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 1 22:36:29 CET 2013

Dear Sebastian,

In message <E70AF999396FDF4EAE40E195B847096109F5D6FD at SRVEXCH-2K10.CADCON.INTERN> you wrote:

> We use a custom board configuration for our custom hardware.
> I can send parts of it, if needed.

Thanks, but no.  Parts are of no use to us.  Basicly you have to
submit a complete set of patches here on the mailing list), or
maintain your out-of-tree port yourself (in which case David
Woodhouse's statement applies, see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.embedded/3534).

> We are currently using v2012.10.

This works fine for the mainline code.

> The toolchain is OSELAS.2012.12.0 (http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/toolchain).

So eother it's an issue with your port, or with your toolchain.

> With toolchain OSELAS.2011.11.2 everything worked fine.
> We didn't change anything else.

Then this smells like a tool chain issue.  You might contact
Pengutronix support for help with their tool chain.

> So I suppose this might be a mainline problem.
> It seems like the mentioned variables don't get set correctly as before.

Well, no such problems are observed with mainline code and - for
example - ELDK 5.5 and 5.4-M3-rc1.  What makes you think it's a
mainline issue?  Can you prove such problems with mainline code, and
with a known to be working tool chain?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.