[U-Boot] U-Boot Bug with newer GCC

Priebe, Sebastian Sebastian.Priebe at cadcon.de
Mon Feb 4 08:11:30 CET 2013

Hello,

> So it seems to be, that patch at least solves this issue.
> Sebastian: can you check if this is resolved also resolved for your board after applying http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/217695/

Apperently we are still working with v2012.10. Could someone be so kind and provide a patch for v2012.10?
We plan to upgrade to v2013.01, but not before the end of Februay.

> Then this smells like a tool chain issue.  You might contact Pengutronix support for help with their tool chain.

We already asked Pengutronix.
They use barebox with their toolchains and didn't have any problem with their new toolchain, yet.
In their barebox.lds they have:
 __barebox_cmd_start = .;
 __barebox_cmd : { KEEP(*(SORT_BY_NAME(.barebox_cmd*))) }
 __barebox_cmd_end = .;

And they thought
         __u_boot_cmd_start = .;
        .u_boot_cmd : { KEEP(*(.u_boot_cmd)) }
        __u_boot_cmd_end = .;

would solve the problem. But it didn't.

Best regards.
Sebastian

CADCON
Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Robert Bauer, Andreas Gundel
Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-86368 Gersthofen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRA 14521