[U-Boot] common/cmd_disk.c doesn't actually define any "commands"

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Mon Feb 4 16:17:17 CET 2013

Hi Robert, Albert,

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   just to be clear, i have no strong opinion on this either way, but
> my understanding is that source files with the name of "common/cmd_*.c"
> typically define at least one u-boot "command" with the U_BOOT_CMD macro.
> as far as i can tell, cmd_disk.c is the only counterexample of that.

I was just looking into this myself but from another perspective.
I'm using "CONFIG_USB:STORAGE" and because of the way things are made, I then automatically
get "usbboot" for which I have no use. Things would be more logical if it was up
to cmd_disk to define the commands based on ifdef's for the various backends -- but
ONLY if CONFIG_CMD_DISK was in the config file.

Maybe this upsets a lot of other people though...?

Best regards,
Mats