[U-Boot] common/cmd_disk.c doesn't actually define any "commands"

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Mon Feb 4 16:42:17 CET 2013

Hi Albert,

Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Maybe, but the problem you state is not about cmd_disk (or I am
> missing the point). USB commands are in USB related files, e.g.
> do_usbboot() is in cmd_usb.c, so that's where a conditional should be
> put if you want to compile the command out, rather than in cmd_disk,
> which does not add to the U-Boot commands table at all.

The cmd_usb file contains all the other USB commands through "do_usb"
and "usbboot" through "do_usbboot" that is just a forward to "common_diskboot".
Maybe the major miss-feature here is that you get usbboot and a bunch
of extra code, just because you want to be able to read USB memories.
This could of course be fixed by revising the ifdefs in cmd_usb etc.
instead but in that case I support Robert in his remark about the file naming ;)

BR // Mats