[U-Boot] [U-boot]-gdwarf option

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 7 10:20:02 CET 2013

Dear TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn,

In message <FE7ADED5C2218B4786C09CD97DC4C49F74C908 at exchbj02.viatech.com.bj> you wrote:

> I have a JTAG debugger.

Congrats.

> Its manual suggested user should add "-gdwarf-2" option in the arm gcc
> compiler.
> Because it could produce debugging information.

Ah, so it is not a BDI3000... Well, good luck.

> But I searched the whole uboot source package, could not find
> "-gdwarf-2" option in config.mk or other files.
>
> Why?

Because what may be needed ith your tools (and tool chain?) may not be
needed for everybody else?

Feel free to supply your own debug flags on the command line, i. e.
try something as   make DBGFLAGS="-gdwarf-2"

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.