[U-Boot] Builds in MAKEALL -a arm failing sometimes when BUILD_NBUILDS>1?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sat Feb 9 08:38:42 CET 2013

Hello,

... this time from the present.

Recently I have seen MAKEALL -a arm fail sporadically on some boards
during parallel builds; more specifically, with BUILD_NBUILDS=8 and
BUILD_NCPUS=1.

Has anyone seen this, or is anyone working on MAKEALL arm now and
willing to give a look?

Note that the actual machine has a 4-core, 8-thread CPU, so maybe that
was because the number of parallel builds was just equal to the number
of (pseudo) CPUs available; I am now using six parallel builds and
haven't seen the issue again so far.

On second (and slightly more caffeinated) thought, it could be related
to building variants of a single target in boards.cfg -- maybe when
cleaning files for one variant while another one is being built.

(also, I prepend the command with LANG=C to avoid making the error
messages any more French than they already are when I copy-paste them
to the list. Not sure how that could have any influence on the build
errors, of course.)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.