[U-Boot] can i in u-boot partition a device and format it in fat ?

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Mon Feb 18 09:32:31 CET 2013

Hi Altunbas,

> Hi,
>
> i had a look at the u-boot cmd's. I can read/write a file from/to a
> dos partition but I didn't find a command for partitioning and
> formatting a device.

It is possible with "gpt" command (please look into the Samsung's Trats
board).
This allows for GPT restoration/setting (and it is already at mainline).

Another option is to use "ums" command. It "floats" on the mailing list
for some time. With this command you can export eMMC device via usb and
format with standard linux tools?

> Pls ,I need help in this context
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
> Sabri Altunbas (DC-IA/EAH2)
>
> Tel. +49 (0) 6062/78-526
> Fax +49 (0) 6062/78-771

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group