[U-Boot] M29EW flash is detected as 0xFF

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Feb 20 19:14:17 CET 2013

Hi Jagan,

On 20.02.2013 18:25, Jagan Teki wrote:
>> So please update to the latest version and try again.
>
> Sorry for not intimating the version I used, actually I am using the
> latest u-boot version 2013.01.01
> Below link the head commit for cfi_flash.c
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=d2af028db3f75390f56f018e16c0f269521e07c5
>
> I am not sure whats wrong with code for detecting the m/c ID.
>
> Please let me know your inputs.

This reminds me of a still pending problem with 8-bit flash chips. Could
you perhaps give this patch a try?

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/140863/

Not sure if it still applies clean. But it seemed to fix a problem with
8-bit bus flash chips.

Thanks,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-51 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de