[U-Boot] Spansion S29GL128S support for environmental variables

Ashish Phogat engineerphogat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:39:26 CET 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am working on uboot porting for Coldfire board M5272C3. I have 2 Spansion
S29GL128S flash. I am able to run the uboot in target board (M5272C3). My
problem is:

a. I try to store my environment variable to flash and verify through BDM
port that variable is written correctly . But once I reset by power cycling
the board, it takes all the default environmental variables.

I am confused is it that Spansion S26GL128S is not supported properly b/c I
am not able to retrieve them after power up. Is it the problem with read
routine or something I am missing?

Please help me out with this.

Thanks in advance