[U-Boot] [RFC] Kbuild support for ARM FIT images

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Fri Feb 22 03:22:12 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 06:19:05PM -0600, Rob Herring wrote:

> The desired FPGA use case is DT updates after booting the kernel. This
> has nothing to do with FIT images. And if the FPGA tools generate the
> DTB, then it is certainly not tied to the kernel.

Completely unrelated, but do you have any pointer for how to do this?
Hot plugging a 'dtb fragment' into the kernel would be really handy..

I'm thinking something like adding a tree below a PCI controller
describing a PCI device and sub nodes, similar to what Thierry was
doing for his Avionics. How would interrupt maps and phandles be
managed across the main dtb and the 'hot plugged' dtb?

Regards,
Jason