[U-Boot] [RFC] Kbuild support for ARM FIT images

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Feb 22 17:00:44 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 07:37:10PM -0600, Joel A Fernandes wrote:
> Any comments on this approach? Is it better to merge mkfitsrc.sh with
> mkuboot.sh?

I know this was discussed quite extensively yesterday, but here is my take on
it:

Given the recent complications from multiplatform, we really saw a strong
reason to _not_ do the final boot wrapping in the kernel build system.
Produce the zImage and the DTB files, and have a surrounding script that
bundles the two in a format that your particular device needs.

Most distros have scripts to handle the "make install" step of a kernel build.
That's where this belongs, not in the actual build step.

-Olof