[U-Boot] problem to boot i.MX28 custom platform

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:26:25 CET 2013

Hi Hector,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Hector Palacios
<hector.palacios at digi.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm porting a custom platform based on mx28evk to latest U-Boot.
> I modified the iomux.c for my platform (different DUART pins) and made some
> changes to mxs_adjust_memory_params() to accommodate to my DRAM chip.
>
> I built the u-boot.sb. The platform however does not boot either from USB or
> from MMC.

Please try booting from NAND as per the instructions from:
doc/README.mx28_common

> When loaded through USB, sb_loader complains with the messages at [1].
> I fear the CPU resets before even executing the SPL code, but how could I
> tell? Is there a way to check if the CPU reaches this code at all?
> I don't see any ROM error codes either and the CPU seems to reset (when the
> USB recovery mode fails, the target defaults to boot from flash my old v2009
> U-Boot).
> Is there any other init stuff (linker scripts or something) I should take
> care of that's preventing sb_loader to fully load the image?

Do you have a diff of your bootlets changes from your FSL U-boot? Then
make sure these changes are incorporated into U-boot.

Or maybe post RFC patches for your board addition into the mailing
list, so that people can comment.