[U-Boot] U-boot2013:07-Recompile with -fPIC error for mips64 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 1 11:58:04 CEST 2013

Dear krishna dwivedi,

please don't top post / full quote!!

In message <CAKAK--mJC=5_J1awu4=m1evpjPKmmiB0YVnmvqjnca5WZNvR-g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Can you please reply on this.

I can reply, but I cannot help you.

> > I am using xlp832 mips64  netlogic board.I referred these steps from
> > u-boot README file.
> > Configuration:
> > TARGET                      arch        CPU
> > BoardName
> > brcm8xx                      mips        mips64      brcm8xx
> > -              -
> > brcm8xx:SYS_BIG_ENDIAN

This board is not part of the mainline distribution, so we have never
seen the actual code for it.  we cannot help you with unknown
out-of-tree code.  Also, you don't follow the recommended way to build
the code, as I've pointed out before.

With out-of-tree code you're basically on your own.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That said, there may be good reasons for what you did beyond obsequi-
ous sycophantic parody. Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <5ldjbm$jtk$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>