[U-Boot] imx: Kernel not booting with fdt

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 13:25:15 CEST 2013

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Matthias Weißer <weisserm at arcor.de> wrote:

> Isn't that supossed to be the right output for a DT kernel?

We usually get something like (for a mx6qsabrelite board - I do not
have my mx25pdk handy):

Machine: Freescale i.MX6 Quad/DualLite (Device Tree), model: Freescale
i.MX6 Quad SABRE Lite Board

The "Generic DT based system" is not usual.

> Sure. It is based on imx25-pdk.dts minus nand plus uart2 which is used as
> debug uart on the system in question.
>
> /dts-v1/;
> #include "imx25.dtsi"
>
> / {
>         model = "Graf-Syteco zmx25";
>         compatible = "fsl,zmx25", "fsl,zmx25";

Ah, this should be:

compatible = "graf,imx25-zmx25", "fsl,imx25"; (There is no valid match
against fsl,zmx25)

Then your dts file should be called 'imx25-zmx25.dts'

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam