[U-Boot] dm3730: dpll5 init broken with 19.2MHz?

Andreas Naumann dev at andin.de
Thu Jul 4 16:10:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a custom OMAP37xx board running with a fairly uncommon 19.2MHz
oscillator. The general clock setup seems fine so far, but the
dpll5_init_34xx() used in prcm_init() for 36xx cpu-types gives me
trouble in the form of numerous stack dumps in the kernel boot. Reason is:

[    3.396636] clock: dpll5_ck failed transition to 'locked'

In an older U-Boot (2010.09) that I used before there was no such
problem (and no such dpll5 setup i guess).
So after commenting the line

dpll5_init_34xx(0, clk_index);

in arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap3/clock.c, the kernel does not complain
anymore, but one 1 of 3 boots has the ECHI USB not working, which makes
me think, I probably have to do it right.

So my question is, where do the per2_dpll_param values in
lowlevel_init.S come from? How can I calculate them?

thanks for any help,
Andreas