[U-Boot] [U-boot] DFU tools copyright

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Thu Jul 4 23:08:12 CEST 2013

Hello.

On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 11:37, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 17:20:34 +0800, TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn wrote:
>
> > Hi, experts:
> > I found DFU tool code had been put in drivers/dfu directory.
> > Previously, it was owned by Samsung Electronics.
> >

> Could you be more specific here?
>
> All DFU related files have following headers:
> /*
>  * g_dnl.c -- USB Downloader Gadget
>  *
>  * Copyright (C) 2012 Samsung Electronics
>  * Lukasz Majewski  <l.majewski at samsung.com>

Which reminds about an issue I brought up before. Your DFU
implementation is heavily based on the original DFU code Harald Welte
wrote. The state machine even still have the same fixmes and comments
but you removed his, and maybe others, copyright here.

As you definitely not wrote the code from scratch you should keep the
original copyright intact and not only placing the Samsung copyright
here.

regards
Stefan Schmidt