[U-Boot] Regression due to 020bbcb "usb: hub: Power-cycle on root-hub ports"

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Jul 8 20:03:55 CEST 2013

On 07/08/2013 11:03 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> Dear Stephen Warren,

>>> 0bf796f usb: hub: Parallelize power-cycling of root-hub ports
>>> 020bbcb usb: hub: Power-cycle on root-hub ports
>>>
>>> Above two patches are the one which changed the hub_power_on()
>>> functionality. If Stephen can confirm that reverting these patches
>>> really solves the problem on Tegra,
>>> we can revert them.
>>
>> Yes, I have been reverting those two commits locally for a while, and it
>> solves the problem for me.
>
> Reverted, please test u-boot-usb/master .

Well, it works, but it turns out the reverts aren't needed. Simon Glass
already found the problem, and fixed it with:

ed10e66 usb: Correct CLEAR_FEATURE code in ehci-hcd

Sorry for not noticing this earlier, but since there hadn't been any
news in this thread, and there weren't any relevant changes to the
power-cycling code affected by the problematic patches, it didn't occur
to me that the problem may have already been fixed elsewhere, so I
didn't ever retest the issue with a newer commit than that one where I
originally found the problem:-(