[U-Boot] TLB mapping for pcie mem space for fsl corenet processors

Sughosh Ganu urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 21:32:13 CEST 2013

hi Scott,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:

> On 07/04/2013 01:13:29 PM, Sughosh Ganu wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> The tlb entries for the pcie mem space for the corenet SoC's is done
>> for 1.5GiB but certain boards use all the 4 pcie controller
>> instantiations, and each controller is assigned 512MiB size in the
>> config files. Should the tlb entries not map 2GiB space as against
>> 1.5GiB. Am i missing something. Thanks.
>>

> You'll need to either use a smaller mapping for one or more PCIe
> controllers, or reduce the amount of RAM you map.  There's no room to map
> 2GiB of RAM, 2GiB of PCIe, *and* CCSR, localbus, etc.
>
> Do you really need to access devices on all four controllers from within
> U-Boot?

Not on my custom board. I am using a single pcie controller and a much
smaller mem space mapping. But my question was more from the point of view
of the fsl reference boards. My confusion stemmed from the incompatibility
in the tlb mappings and the mem space mentioned in the config files of
certain corenet reference boards.

-sughosh