[U-Boot] Run a standalone application on a core other than 0

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Mon Jul 8 23:41:37 CEST 2013

On 07/08/2013 02:07:53 PM, João Fernandes wrote:
> Indeed, my code currently doesn't setup the TLB.

So you're using the initial mapping that the U-Boot spin table code
creates?

It looks like that entry is missing MAS2_M.  This needs to be fixed.

The secondary IMA that U-Boot creates also needs to begin at effective
address zero to be ePAPR-compliant.

> Yes, U-Boot is still running on core 0. I'm looking for a
> non-preemptive environment to run some
> benchmarks,

U-Boot is a bootloader, not a benchmarking environment.  It is strongly
recommended that you not leave U-Boot running on any CPU (including
spin table code) if you're running benchmarks.  For example, U-Boot
will be continuously polling the serial port, which includes sync
instructions that get broadcast to other CPUs.

> Is there a way to link my standalone application with the functions in
> U-Boot that manage the TLB, caches, etc.?

You could in theory create a custom U-Boot instance that runs in this
way -- but again, U-Boot is a bootloader and is not ideally suited to
this task.  What hardware init are you referring to?

-Scott