[U-Boot] Separately compile Master boot loader

Rajdeep Vaghasia rajdeep.vaghasia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:42:14 CEST 2013

Hi
I am working on one board with an arm11 based cpu, NOR flash and DDR2 SDRAM.
When I compile u-boot source code, I get u-boot.bin image generated.
This image has primary(second stage) and secondary(third stage) bootloader
combined.

I have following queries:
1) The question that still eats me everyday is, How can I compile
primary(Master) boot loader and secondary boot loader separately?
2) I want to Flash only initial 4kb of code (Master boot loader or second
stage). The remaining code I want to keep at another partition in the
Flash. How can I achieve this?
3) Is there any separate code available for Master boot loader, which
copies the third stage bootloader to SDRAM and then transfers control to
that third stage boot loader(u-boot)?

I am unable to find a way to do this.

Can anyone help me please?