[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: omap3: Add option to disable errata workarounds.

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Tue Jul 9 17:49:56 CEST 2013

Hello,

> >> I read your link the other way round. If the #430973 errata fix is _not_
> >> applied to r3p2 it gives a lot of segfaults. Unfortunately the thread
> >> has noc more information on that.

#430973 is still needed on latest Cortex-A8 silicon of DM3730 according to
my testing; this is in contradiction to what TI and ARM claim

> > I dont know what bootloader the guy used, but he states that he needs to
> > enable the errata fix in the kernel for the segfaults to disappear. I

the guy used u-boot 2012.10 and linux 3.7 :)

> > found exactly the same: Initially I had no errata fixes configured for
> > the kernel, only when I added them the segfaults disappeared.
> > However they also disappear if I remove the workarounds from kernel as
> > well as u-boot, hence this patch.

interesting; I did not consider this dependency between u-boot and
kernel here; will try it

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald