[U-Boot] ERROR: new format image overwritten – must reset the board to recover

David Lee davidblee168 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 04:08:13 CEST 2013

Hi.

We had U-Boot booting Linux just fine.  Then after some minor cleanup, we
rebuild the images.

Thereafter, we are now seeing U-Boot reporting the error below:

*"ERROR: new format image overwritten –** must reset the board to recover"*

We tried reverting the minor cleanup we had done and then rebuild the
images.  But we are still still getting the same U-Boot error message with
the board reset after the Linux image was decompressed.  We are at a loss
at what the problem is.

Any thoughts or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.