[U-Boot] U-boot timeout with KSZ8021 phy

Alexandre Pereira da Silva aletes.xgr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 21:13:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to make my ethernet work with u-boot on a custom IMX28 board.

This board uses the micrel KSZ8021 phy.

The network works fine on linux but won't work properly on u-boot.

Here is the output:
=> dhcp
BOOTP broadcast 1
DHCP client bound to address 192.168.1.103
Using FEC device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.54; our IP address is 192.168.1.103
Filename 'uImage'.
Load address: 0x42000000

I am using the apx4devkit board configuration as a base for my port,
but adapted the phy setting to the KSZ8021 needed value. If that phy
configuration value is wrong, it doesn't even get an IP address from
DHCP.

Marek's patch about cache didn't help much in my case.

Thanks.