[U-Boot] RAMBOOT

Saridakis, Dean (US SSA) dean.saridakis at baesystems.com
Fri Jul 12 22:58:23 CEST 2013

I have a requirement that would be solved nicely by U-Boot booting U-Boot (and perhaps even another time). Is this a reasonable thing to do?

I'm working with the mpc85xx CPU, P5020DS board and have gotten somewhat familiar with the design & flow running the P5020_NAND configuration (which is RAMBOOTed). I took a quick stab at build after reading README.ramboot-ppc85xx which failed -- think I've got config define dependencies to work through yet. Guess I'm somewhat skeptical this will work with all the TLB & LAW set-up that'd get redone along the way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean