[U-Boot] U-boot & x86 & coreboot

Rossier Daniel Daniel.Rossier at heig-vd.ch
Wed Jul 17 10:29:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to run U-boot on x86 emulated QEMU-based environment. I found some info regarding coreboot + U-boot integration, using U-boot as payload, etc. but I was unable to start U-boot.
I'm using the 32-bits i686-pc-linux-gnu toolchain and I successfully cross-compiled coreboot and started it on qemu-system-i386.
I also configured coreboot to use u-boot (ELF) as payload, but coreboot performs a reset when U-boot should show up after loading.
Where could I have some information regarding that?
Furthermore, I'm unable to debug anything remotely with gdb; gdb cannot disassemble once connected via "target remote localhost:1234".

Any hints welcome.
Thanks so much.

Cheers
Daniel